The 56th Supreme Chapter Meeting is quickly approaching, and we look forward to seeing you in Chicago from July 26-29, 2018.
Please review the following information specific to students thoroughly in order to prepare for the convention.
Student registration is on Chapter Gateway
Accommodations & Meals
Duly registered chapter delegates do not need to book a hotel room. Lodging in the Supreme Chapter hotel is included in your registration fee. Each delegate will share a room with one (1) other delegate from his chapter. Every delegate must stay on-site, even if your chapter is local to the area.
The following meals are provided as part of the chapter’s registration fee:
- Thursday: Dinner
- Friday: Breakfast and lunch
- Saturday: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast
**All other meals are at your own expense.
Check-in will open at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday. Please plan to arrive at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.
If you are flying, you can book your flight into O'Hare International Airport (ORD) or Midway International Airport (MDW). If you are taking an Amtrak train, book an itinerary that brings you into Union Station (225 South Canal St., Chicago, IL 60606-5702). All travel should be booked at least three weeks in advanced of Supreme Chapter.
You should plan to depart the hotel after 12:00 p.m. on Sunday. We recommend booking travel that departs after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
If you are driving, the hotel address is:
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
540 North Michigan Avenue
(Driveway Entrance on 541 North Rush Street)
Chicago, Illinois 60611
There are two options for parking:
- Pi Kappa Phi has negotiated a discounted rate of $27 per day at the Marriott. Note that once you arrive to the host hotel, there is no need for a car until your departure on Sunday.
- There are also locally managed parking garage options near the hotel.
All flights should be booked at least three weeks in advance of Supreme Chapter.
Each chapter is responsible for its own travel expenses. The Archon should coordinate the entire delegation's travel plans to ensure everyone arrives and departs on time.
What to bring
All participants should bring a pen, notebook and spending money.
Officially licensed Pi Kappa Phi vendors will have merchandise available on-site for purchase.
The chapter's delegates should also bring any initiation cards that have not yet been submitted to the National Headquarters. Additionally, prior to arriving in Chicago, please confirm your chapter's account balance with the National Fraternity by logging into Chapter Gateway.
If your chapter has an outstanding balance, be prepared to pay in full during check-in. Contact Director of Chapter Operations Mitchell Krebs with any questions or concerns about your account balance as soon as possible.
Supreme Chapter Attire
Attire for Supreme Chapter is business professional (i.e. suit and tie; or blazer, slacks, tie; and dress shoes).
Thursday’s opening evening event will be casual.
Please feel free to travel in comfortable clothes and change when you arrive at the hotel.
Supreme Chapter Expectations
Supreme Chapter delegates are expected to attend all legislative and programming sessions and abide by the following expectations, which have been established by the National Fraternity and the Marriott:
- Alcohol will not be allowed in guest rooms. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed in venues where alcohol is sold. Alcoholic beverages cannot be brought into the hotel and may not be consumed in guest rooms. Any alcohol being carried into the hotel or found in guest rooms will be confiscated.
- The possession, sale, or use of illegal drugs or other controlled substances is prohibited at all times. Participants in violation of this expectation may be sent home at their own expense.
- Alcohol may not be consumed until programming concludes for the day.
- The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Please be prepared to show proof of age when purchasing alcohol. Individuals consuming alcohol underage or providing alcohol to underage persons may face criminal charges.
- To ensure the comfort of all guests, noise should be kept to a minimum at all times, especially during late evening and early morning hours. Hotel security and fraternity staff will intervene if a noise complaint is received.
If you or the other occupant of your room become a disturbance to other guests, or if you are found in violation of the expectations outlined above, you may be asked to leave the conference at your expense.
Staff Contact information
For more information about Supreme Chapter, please contact Coordinator of Chapter Development Kate Andrews at email@example.com or (980) 318-5321.
For billing or travel-related questions, please contact Director of Chapter Operations Mitchell Krebs or (980) 318-5310.